How to organize a successful Family Steam Night|
1. Use Google Forms sheet to get
information about teacher volunteers and presentation needs/wants.
2. Think about the materials available
at your school and assign teachers to each letter of STEAM and think about
where they will set up around your school.
3. Create and send home a flyer so that
families can RSVP. *If you are including dinner, be sure to include this
on the RSVP.
4. Meet with your committee to designate
jobs for each member.
5. Make a map and labels for each area
so that families know where to go.
6. On the map, include a "Passport"
section so that families can get a stamp for each area they visit.
7. Invite food trucks and include their
presence on the RSVP so that families are prepared with money and an
8. Check in with each teacher presenting
to see what they need before the big night.
9. Take a lot of pictures and make sure
one person is walking around checking on all areas.
10. Be sure to thank your maintenance
crew for their extra help on that night.
** Have fun and enjoy every second
of the families exploring with the students.
Sanders Memorial Elementary School -
STEAM Magnet School
5126 Land O Lakes, Florida 34638